British students, building on protests that sent fifty thousand people into the streets of London two weeks ago, are staging demonstrations in dozens of cities today against government plans to slash funding for higher education and triple student fees.
Resources from around the web:
- I published an introduction to the protests earlier this week, and I’ve been tweeting all day at @studentactivism.
- The Guardian newspaper has a liveblog of the day’s events.
- The BBC’s television news coverage of the protests can be found online here.
- The main Twitter hashtag for the protests is #demo2010.
- The journalist @paul__lewis is tweeting from the scene in London.
- Britain’s Education Activist Network is covering the story on their blog.
Send along additional links in comments, and I’ll add them to this post.