Evening Update | Alexandra Wallace has released an apology.
A white student’s video mocking Asians at UCLA has gone viral since it was posted to YouTube on Friday.
There’s a Facebook group, a bunch of response videos (some funny-but-unfortunately-sexist, some just gross, and some totally righteous), a tut-tutting statement from the university, a Y U NO meme, and on and on and on.
The inevitable AutoTune remix is really catchy, by the way. Be warned.
- So we know that I’m not the most politically correct person so don’t take this offensively.
- I don’t mean it toward any of my friends. I mean it toward random people that I don’t even know in the library.
- The problem is these hordes of Asian people that UCLA accepts into our school every single year.
- Their moms and their brothers and their sisters and their grandmas and their grandpas and their cousins and everybody that they know that they’ve brought along from Asia with them.
- You will always see old Asian people running around this apartment complex every weekend. That’s what they do.
- Hi, in America we do not talk on our cell phones in the library.
- Ohhhh, ching chong ling long ting tong. Ohhhhh.
- I swear they’re going through their whole families, just checking on everybody from the tsunami thing.
- Even if you’re not Asian you really shouldn’t be on your cell phone in the library but I’ve just never seen that happen before.
- So thank you for listening and have a nice day.
That’s going to leave a mark. More to come, I assume.